2018 HEP/CAMP Student Champion Award
The HEP/CAMP Conference Planning Committee invites programs to nominate a student to be recognized for their outstanding dedication and performance.
- Students who were enrolled in a HEP or CAMP student during fiscal year 2017-2018
- Students with documented achievements who have overcome personal and/or academic obstacles, or have demonstrated leadership qualities within their HEP/CAMP project
To submit a Student Champion Nomination Form, you will need the following:
- Student’s full name, photo, and brief biography
- Statement describing the reason for the nomination, addressing how the nominee fits the eligibility criteria listed above (300-400 words)
- Please consider the nominee’s availability to travel to the conference, in which case their travel expenses will be covered by the nominating program
- Students selected for the award who are able to attend the conference, should plan on preparing a 2-3 minute speech to deliver at one of the general sessions
- Students selected for the award who are unable to attend the conference, should plan on recording a 2-3 minute video to be played at the conference
- The Committee will award one HEP and one CAMP Student Champion
- Winners will be announced by September 10, 2018
- Winners will be recognized at the 2018 National HEP/CAMP Conference with their name, picture, and biography included in the conference program
- Winners will also receive a scholarship (stipend) in the amount of $500
To submit a nomination, go to the Online Student Champion Nomination form (opens in new tab).