The National Migrant Scholars Internship Initiative is designed to identify and recruit College Assistance Migrant Program students from across the nation, in finding experiential learning opportunities that will prepare them for future careers.
- Develop professional and future career skills.
- Build a network that can lead to future employment opportunities.
- Gain critical work experience & transferable skills.
- Create a professional resume and cover letter.
- Gain interview preparation and experience.
Resources may include but are not limited to:
- Financial compensation
- Housing assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Professional attire or uniform (if required).
Partnering employer benefits:
- Access to a diverse pool of candidates.
- Identify, train and cultivate interns with strong work ethics and uniquely valuable skill sets.
- Financial support to offset intern wages
Participant and partnership requirements:
- Submit completed NMSI initiative application (student)
- Complete a Contract with NMSI/MSU (employer)
- Approve a financial agreement (employer)
- Complete interim evaluations (student and employer)
If you have any questions regarding the application process please email Aleida Martinez – Flores email@example.com and/or call her at 517-432-4476.